To fix the crashing of Cydia Impactor on Windows 8/8.1 do the following:
- Press Win + C to bring out Metro UI and click Settings -> Change PC settings.
- On PC settings window, select Users. Then click Add a user button.
- It creates a Microsoft account by default. Click the Sign in without a Microsoft account link. And select Local account on the next page.
- Type a user name, password and the password hint. Then click Next and then Finish, so that you can create a new local account on your Windows 8.
- You need to change the User's account to Administrator. First Open Control Panel and on the Control Panel windows, click Change account type option under the User Accounts and Family Safety category.
- On the Manage Accounts window, click to select the user account whose type is to be changed.
- On the Change an Account window of the selected user account, click the Change the account type option from the left.
- On the opened Change Account Type window, select Administrator radio button to change account type to administrator. Finally, click the Change Account Type button to save the changes.
- Now, log off the account you’re on, and log in to the new account
- Download latest impactor and the latest PokeGo IPA file and attempt to impact.